Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mobile Learning for HealthCare

Today I attended an Elluminate sponsored presentation about mobile devices and healthcare--very informative. The presenters provided examples of devices that relate to patient care, billing, and continuing ed for healthcare professionals.
Key issues? Privacy, standardization of health care records and systems.

But I will stop for a minute--one example the military is using is an ICEphone--I carry it on me, it provides critical health info if something happens to me. It also contains medical contacts and is a means of communciation for a health-care professional at treating me at the scene

Here's a recording to the session and future opportunities on various topics:

https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/event/description?instance_id=15560


.

No comments: